Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jubilee fever hits Fox Corner

Despite my scoffing tone in earlier posts, I am happy to admit I fell hook, line and sinker for the whole brilliant Jubilee shenanigan.

The garden was bedecked in bunting.
While TLOML prepared his outstanding burgers for the grill, I brought the British food to the table: I made coronation chicken and slightly malformed strawberry cakes. Asparagus is officially the next most English fruit / veg after strawberries, so we grilled some of that up too.

And I made a quiche, with the Union Jack created out of roasted peppers on the top. Well, it was raining outside and I had some time on my hands...


A large quantity of Pimm's was made, poured, and consumed. Then we made some more.

 And a fine time was had by all.

Except Jack, who doesn't seem to be a big Jubilee fan at all:

No comments:

Post a Comment