Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding fever

Do I give two hoots? It turns out I do. I just looked at the clock and realised I've spent 45 minutes looking at Royal Wedding nonsense online. From the Guardian's interactive map, to the Hello! coverage of nutters sleeping outside Westminster Abbey, it's all proved rather fascinating.


London appears to have gone bananas, union jacks and crazy Royal watchers on every street. I feel a bit sad that I'm going to land the day after it all happens. I also feel a bit sad that I feel that way. What's wrong with me? I'm a Smiths fan suddenly bewitched by a Royal spectactular. Shame on me.

Shame on me also that I was touched by their complete anodyne statement 'The affection shown to us by so many people during our engagement has been incredibly moving, and has touched us deeply. We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone most sincerely for their kindness.'


Long live Kate and Wills! (provide your own fanfare)

No comments:

Post a Comment